Bodine's Biscuits, Prestonsburg, KY

 


Yesterday I went to Bodine's Biscuits in Prestonsburg, KY, for breakfast. 3 out of 5 stars. Blandly average. I ordered the Big Breakfast Platter which came with 3 eggs, 2 meats, and a biscuit. I also ordered a side of sausage gravy and a home made apple fritter.

The apple fritter was extremely dry. The pastry had no flavor, except for the little bit of apple in the middle. I took a couple of bites out of it then decided to take the rest back to my room with me so I could have some milk with it to help moisten it up.


Next, the Big Breakfast Platter. I ordered my eggs scrambled and I got the sausage and shaved ham for my meats. The eggs were simply scrambled, but overcooked and dry. No seasoning, not even salt and pepper. The ham and sausage were well cooked. The ham was salty. The sausage was flavorful but I overheard the manager telling another patron that it was just Jimmy Dean sausage. The biscuit was crispy on the outside, dry on the inside, and bland, but it kind of worked if you dipped it in the sausage gravy, but you had to order the sausage gravy separately. The sausage gravy was average.


Overall, nothing special. Nothing I couldn't have made at home in a few minutes. I probably won't return.

Questions or comments? Feel free to let me know what you think! Email me or find me on social media! Like, Follow, and Subscribe! Happy Fooding!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buc-ee's Snack Review: Coconut Toffee Cashews

Billy Ray's, Prestonsburg, KY