The Brickhouse Restaurant, Prestonsburg, KY

For lunch I tried another local place called The Brickhouse Restaurant in Prestonsburg, KY. I would have given it a 4 star review but the food prep and delivery was lacking. I'll explain...

I was seated in the room furthest from the entrance. When I was seated, I was the second customer in the room. I had checked out the menu online before I went so I knew what I was going to order. I ordered my appetizer and a burger. I was followed by a party of 3 and a party of 6. The party of 6 looked to be a group of nurses who were celebrating a birthday.

Well, of the 3 groups, I received my appetizer last. This kind of service really annoys me. I feel that it should be first come, first served, especially if I ordered first. So, that was the first thing.

Next, on to the food. I ordered the Bada-Bing Shrimp appetizer and the Brickhouse Burger with seasoned crinkle cut fries.

After finally receiving my appetizer, I dig in. Now, don't get me wrong, it was delicious. The shrimp were large to extra large in size, good quality, and well cooked. The batter was a little on the soggy side due to the Bada-Bing sauce but not bad. The sauce was creamy, sweet, and mildly spicy. The shrimp were served on a bed of lettuce with some fried wonton strips. Seriously, this appetizer was so big that it could be a meal in itself. Overall a good dish.


Next, the Brickhouse Burger. If I have a choice, I always order my burgers medium. I feel it's a good mix of doneness and texture. The description says it comes with pulled pork, red onion, pickles, tomato, spicy brown mustard, and provolone cheese.

I receive my burger about halfway through my appetizer. I'm looking at the burger and I notice that there's no pulled pork on my burger. The server brings a small plate with the pulled pork on it and informs me that they forgot to put it on in the kitchen (I had already noticed at this point.) The server offered to take my burger back and have them put the pork on the burger but I told him that I would take care of it. Burger as served, no pulled pork:


I add the pulled pork to the burger and take a bite. The burger is too tall to fit in my mouth for a full bite. Having said that, the burger was very tasty. The patty was a good medium doneness, with the flavor of the pulled pork adding a little sweetness. The only flavor issue was that, when I got to the middle of the burger, the spicy brown mustard and pickles took over the flavor and that's all I tasted. The "seasoned" crinkle cut fries, although large, were like something you could find in your local grocer's freezer section. I couldn't really taste any seasoning. Nothing special.


Overall it was a good meal. I'll probably return to try something else. More interesting stuff on the menu.

Questions or comments? Feel free to let me know what you think! Email me or find me on social media! Like, Follow, and Subscribe! Happy Fooding!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buc-ee's Snack Review: Coconut Toffee Cashews

Bodine's Biscuits, Prestonsburg, KY

Billy Ray's, Prestonsburg, KY