El Jalisciense, Warner Robins, GA

 This is my go-to restaurant whenever I'm home from work. I've been going here for somewhere near 30 years. It's what I compare all other Mexican restaurants wherever I travel. I've had many dishes here and they are delicious. However, I haven't done a review since starting my food blog so, here goes...

I went home to visit my kids this past weekend. My daughter wanted to go to El Jalisciense for dinner. We waited approximately 20 minutes to be seated, but it was Friday night, so, all-in-all, not too bad.

We got our complimentary chips and salsa.


I ordered some bean dip, a piña colada, and one of my favorite dishes: El Combo. The bean dip is simply a layer of refried beans covered with white cheese sauce. Simple but delicious. I love the chips here. They are a medium thickness and served warm and crispy.


The piña colada was ok. Certainly not the best I've had but it works when you have a craving.


On to El Combo. It comes with one taco, one chile relleno, one tostada, one enchilada, one burrito, beans, and rice. Similar to the "Little of Everything" from El Rodeo Grande in Prestonsburg, KY, from one of my previous reviews.


The taco is filled with seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. Typical but good. Same with the tostada, minus the tomato. The chile relleno had beef, beans, and cheese. The pepper seemed to be cut into strips rather than a hollowed out pepper. Still delicious. The enchilada is a corn tortilla filled with ground beef and topped with red sauce and melted cheese. The red sauce had a little too much oregano, which made it taste a little more like spaghetti sauce than enchilada sauce. The burrito is a flour tortilla filled with ground beef, topped with red sauce and melted cheese. Due to the red sauce and ground beef, there is not much difference in flavor from the enchilada. The rice was moist and had a little spiciness to it. The beans were bland.

Overall, a good dish and a great restaurant. I will continue to dine here.

Questions or comments? Feel free to let me know what you think! Email me or find me on social media! Like, Follow, and Subscribe! Happy Fooding!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buc-ee's Snack Review: Coconut Toffee Cashews

Billy Ray's, Prestonsburg, KY

Bodine's Biscuits, Prestonsburg, KY